Instant-Grid version 0.3
Submitted by Christian Boehme on Fri, 17/03/2006 - 09:23.
Instant-Grid v0.3 is based on Knoppix 4.0.2 (as live Linux environment) and Globus Toolkit 4.0.1 (as grid middleware). During the boot time all the necessary services are configured automatically (terminalserver setup, Globus services, X.509 certificate authority and signed X.509 end entity certificates, etc). User 'knoppix' is enabled to use the grid services without manual configuration.
New in this version
- the CA subject and CA root password are read from file
- Grid Port Report, Globus Status Test can be run from webbrowser
- GridSphere 2.1rc1 (CVS), Grid Portlets 1.2.1 (CVS), GT4portlets (CVS)
- RFT works
- Ganglia works
- WebMDS and Gridsphere don't work together
- some dead links, some extra debug messages, etc