Instant-Grid version 0.2.1
Submitted by tkalman on Mon, 05/12/2005 - 10:39.
Instant-Grid v0.2.1 is based on Knoppix 4.0.2 (as live Linux environment) and Globus Toolkit 4.0.1 (as grid middleware). During the boot time all the necessary services are configured automatically (terminalserver setup, Globus services, X.509 certificate authority and signed X.509 end entity certificates, etc). User 'knoppix' is enabled to use the grid services without manual configuration.
New in this version
- NTP synchronisation (NTP server is the master node)
- Globus services startup selector (dummy version) is included
- the first steps of documentation
- Ganglia has monitoring infos from the master node only
- Tomcat and WebMDS (MDS4) don't like each other
- some dead links, some extra debug messages, etc