Instant-Grid version 0.4
Submitted by Andreas Felix on Tue, 27/06/2006 - 11:01.
Instant-Grid v0.4 is based on Knoppix 4.0.2 (as live Linux environment) and Globus Toolkit 4.0.2 (as grid middleware).
Without manual configuration it is possible to submit jobs via GRAM, WS-GRAM, mpirun or using a portal. Files can be copied by using GridFTP or the Reliable File Transfer service. All this is available for the user knoppix or for users generated with the new Grid Admin Portlet.
During the boot time all the necessary services are configured automatically (terminalserver setup, Globus services, X.509 certificate authority and signed X.509 end entity certificates, etc).
New in this version
- Grid Admin Portlet to generate grid-users
- grid-users automatically receive grid-certificates
- new version Globus Toolkit 4.0.2
- new version Gridsphere 2.1.5
- new version Grid Portlets 1.3
- new version GT4 Portlets CVS:07.06.2006
- firewall to protect the frontend
- dummy-interface when only one network-interface is available
Other features of Instant-Grid
- Ganglia monitoring
- Grid Port Report und Globus Status Test available via web-browser
- grid-wide rendering with POV-Ray via web-browser
- WebMDS now works inside GT4-Container and inside GT4 Portlets
- abort of POV-Ray works
- many minor bugfixes (see Changelog)
- signing in to Gridsphere only works with english language
- job-submit with Grid Portlet only via GRAM
- generation of new grid-users is limited to two
- some wrong links, extra debug, etc.